Monday 12 December 2011

Barbara Kruger Critique

1) What do you see in this piece of art (describe it)?

What I see in this image with the message "You destroy what you think is different." I see hate, and people that are disgusted of being different, these two people look at it like it's a horrible crime, in my personal opinion. Society has a very plain mind, only on one road, and these people represent society, and their view of the world is probably just money. That is why we would encourage the people that are different, because they are the one's that change the world.

2) What kind of message is the artist giving in this piece of art?
 I think that the message the artisit is giving is that society is telling us that being different is bad, and that you can't be creative. What I also see in the piece is the two people represent society, and they appear to me that they are looking down at the people who are different, meaning that it is bad to be different. I don't believe this, I believe that the people who are different are the one's who shape society.

Do you like or dislike Kruger’s work? Why?

I personally really enjoy Barbara Kruger's work because, she has a lot of powerful messages in her work. She really inspires people with her words. What I aslo like about Barbara Kruger is her style, I like the old pictures, tied in with splashes of red making it, a picture to take serious thought into. I think that she wants you to take your time to look at ther work, and really understand the words with the picture, and what she is trying to tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment